Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Mount Diablo Summer Evening

Diablo Summer Evening 14 X14
Painted from the westside of Danville at the top of Love Lane. The light is fun to play with at this time of day, with lots of opportunities to push the darks and emphasize and simplify the lovely irregular shapes . Diablo always reminds me of calligraphy and supplies plenty of light/dark contrast and movement. I used a lot of alizarin crimson and pthalo blue on the dark green areas.


3 comments:

Luke Ott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luke Ott said...

I stumbled upon your blog and have fallen in love with your paintings. your touch and use of color is amazing. I'm fairly new at using this medium but i enjoy struggling with it. if you get some time check out my blogspot. www.lukeott.blogspot.com

keep up the good work

Luke Ott

Anonymous said...

My favorite painting. Robin captured the spirit of the mountain's heart.