Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pacific Swirls

Pacific Swirls 14 x 11 watercolor

If you are familiar with my work you know I gravitate towards painting panoramas , particularly mountains and canyons. I started this work last summer and probably should have documented it's tortured evolution. For a long time it just looked too blue. I finally got the color green of the water and I like the patterns in the water, but I need to do many more rock paintings before I feel good about them. They are tricky, they need to be solid, but simplified. I think simplifying foregrounds is one of the most difficult things for me to pull off as a painter.

3 comments:

Barbara Muir said...

Hi Robin,

You are way too hard on yourself. Whatever the work in producing this --the result looks glorious and effortless.

Take care,

Barbara

Unknown said...

Wonderful colors.... awesome composition and sensational sea swirls...love it.

David Westerfield said...

Robin,
this has a great abstract quality, and great colors.