Featured Post

Evening Breakers

 Evening Breakers. I tried to depict the light carving the forms of  the waves in this seascape from Malibu. Watercolor on paper 8 x 16 .

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Two New Plein Air Paintings


 Sacred Grove WIP 12 x 16

I finally finished two plein air paintings from this summer, "Sacred Grove" 12 x 16 from a paint out at Borges Ranch and "Forest Hill" 14 x 14 from the Paintout at St Mary's Hearst Gallery for the summer landscape exhibit  (see my previous post.)
The exhibit at the Hearst Gallery inspired me to try my hand at doing something other than a panorama, because all three of the painters had such gorgeous trees in their paintings and favorite trees at that!
I am really happy with the foreground on Sacred Grove, just enough suggestion of detail and the colors are very true to that paradoxical blue green from the invasive star thistle. The young oak trees were fun to paint, they seemed like they were dancing in a circle.

 Forest Hill 14 x 14



2 comments:

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations

Steve PP said...

Lovely paintings Robin!
They look even better reduced down to the smaller post
size, really tightens everything up, I love them!