Featured Post

Evening Breakers

 Evening Breakers. I tried to depict the light carving the forms of  the waves in this seascape from Malibu. Watercolor on paper 8 x 16 .

Monday, May 21, 2012

19th Carmel Art Festival 2012 Paintings

I just got back last night from a great experience at the Carmel Art Festival. The weather was sunny, not too warm, no wind,( and no rain!) so it was like painting in my home location of Mount Diablo.























Valley Vertigo 14 x 11 sold




Carmel Valley Shadows 12 x 12 sold




Upper Valley View 11 x 14


Coastal Hills 12 x 12 ( with a shadow from the easel in the sky) Available Fairmont Gallery Sonoma

I'll give more details on the festival events on Saturday and Sunday, but wanted to share what I painted during the festival for now.

2 comments:

Erin Lee Gafill said...

Beautiful work Robin - I enjoyed painting for the festival this year too, sticking mostly to the south coast (Nepenthe, Andrew Molera State Park, in Big Sur) and loved the heat and sunny days and cool foggy mornings. I always love seeing your work because it is so personal, so color-rich, and so gorgeous. An inspiration!

Robin Purcell said...

Thank you Erin ,I love your paintings use of color and sense of place also , hope to paint with you sometime!