Featured Post

15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibit Fallbrook Art Center

The 15th Annual Signature Watermedia International Exhibition opens this weekend (Mar 16-Apr.14) at THE Fallbrook Art Center. This prestigio...

Thursday, October 13, 2016

"Ojai View" and "Hollister Peak" in California Art Club's The Plein Air Perspective at Millard Sheets Art Center, Pomona


Ojai View 9 x 12



Hollister Peak August 14 x 14




Through January 28th



I entered this exhibit because Millard Sheets was a powerful force in all that is watercolor in California.
 I did a little research on him and found out  he started exhibiting with the California Watercolor Society at 15! Usually I think that artists starting this young have artists for parents, but that's not the case. He was raised on a horse ranch by grandparents who gave him his first art lesson at 7 and he had two aunts who encouraged his artistic talents. I wonder if either one of them was an artist?Millard seems to have been one of the focused ones who chose a path early in life and stuck with it.

Exhibit information

California Art Club "The Plein Air Perspective"
Millard Sheets Art Center
Pomona CA

November 5 to January 28
Reception November 5 , 5 to 7 pm


Update;

I thought you would like  to see the different frame I used on this one

It is Randy Higbee's Taos grey frame, I have seen it at the Sonoma Plein Air and thought I would give it a try.



No comments: